Annual Walk & Bike to School Day
We are proud that the North Carolina Department of Transportation chose to feature our Walk to School Day as their sponsored event this year!
We think Walk to School Day is a great opportunity to show support for child and youth pedestrian and bicyclist safety in our community. Read more about the event at www.walkbiketoschool.org.
Our event this year was a huge success! We would like to thank everyone that came out and supported us, including but not limited to:
- City of Durham Transportation for providing traffic control and assistance
- City of Durham Police for those cool motorcycle cops
- NCDOT, Safe Routes to School Partnership, and Active Routes to School for assistance and deciding to feature our school.
- Wendy Jacobs, Brenda Howerton, and Heidi Carter from the Durham County Board of Commissioners for attending
- Don Moffitt from the Durham City Council for attending and speaking at the assembly
- Matt Sears from the Durham School Board for attending and speaking
- Julie White from NCDOT for speaking at the assembly
- The Scrap Exchange for hosting
- i9 Sports for donating snack bags for the kids
- Dan Bock for the drone video
- Cocoa Cinnamon for bringing out trays of fresh churros impromptu during the walk
- Parents for showing up and getting your kids there early
- School Staff for helping chaperone the students safely
- Principal Hopkins for being willing to go big this year
It was so much fun!