The PTA holds a number of board meetings throughout the year, which are open to the public.
Three times a year, the PTA holds meetings for the entire PTA, which are used to vote on board nominations and other democratic items.
We will also send out email reminders to all PTA members as meetings approach.
PTA Meetings Calendar
Opportunities for Prospective Families
Considering Lakewood Elementary for your child and want to learn more? The following opportunities are available:
- Casual conversations with Principal James Hopkins: On Sunday, April 29, Principal Hopkins met with current and prospective Lakewood parents at Cocoa Cinnamon-Lakewood. We will be coordinating similar casual meet-ups every few months, when there is interest. If you'd like to join one of these meetings, please email Jessica Carda-Auten at email@example.com.
- Meet-ups for current-prospective parents: Each month, we're hosting an opportunity for current and prospective parents and families to meet and get to know one another. In May, this meet-up will take place during the monthly food truck gathering on the school playground on May 1 from 5-7pm. Current Lakewood parents welcome the opportunity to share their experiences with the school. We'd love to see you there!
- Observe a classroom: Want to watch the amazing Lakewood teachers in action? To observe a classroom, please contact Principal James Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-560-3939.
- One-on-one meetings with current teachers: Have questions for current Lakewood teachers, or just want to learn more about their teaching philosophy and methods? To schedule a time to meet with one of the current teachers, please contact Principal James Hopkins at email@example.com or 919-560-3939.
- Volunteer at Lakewood: Have a talent or some time you'd like to share with your neighborhood school? We'd love your help. To discuss potential volunteer opportunities, please contact Tamika Byas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-560-3939.
- Join the PTA listserv: Want to stay abreast of opportunities for advocacy and volunteering, or receive updates about upcoming PTA meetings and school events? You don't need to be an official member of the PTA to join the listserv. Email Arton Ragsdale, PTA President at email@example.com with a request to be added.
- Attend a PTA meeting: Learn about the current priorities and initiatives at Lakewood by joining us for a PTA meeting. Check the calendar above for the dates and times of upcoming meetings, as they fluctuate to accommodate the schedules of as many parents and guardians as possible.